Ya’ll. I did it. I completed the elusive 3 workouts in one week phenomenon. And that’s not using mowing the lawn or unpacking 20 cases of wine at work as a workout. Not that I mowed the lawn this week… and I only unpacked like 12 cases of wine. Anywho, here’s the actual workouts that I completed:
Tuesday – Pilates
- Ab Lab Plank Workout – same as last week. Equally challenging and awesome.
- Crazy 6 Pack Ab Workout – except I actually used weights this time. Holy harder.
- Waist Slimming to Wings – this was pretty tough, especially after doing the first two.
Wednesday – Running
3.12 miles in 27:28 for a pace of 8:48. Ran with Hubby. Also, ran before dinner. I didn’t want to puke at the end. Yay!
Friday – Running/Gym
I ran to the gym, which is less than a mile away, worked out and then ran home. Here’s the breakdown:
Run to the gym = .67 miles in 5:24 for a pace of 8:03
- Chest press – 25 lbs – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Overhead press – 25 lbs – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Seated Leg Curl – 50 lbs – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Lat pulldown – 37.5 lbs – 3 sets of 12 reps
- Leg extension – 50 lbs – 1 set of 12; 37.5 lbs – 2 sets of 12
- Row – 37.5 lbs – 3 sets of 12
- Seated leg press – 100 lbs – 3 sets of 12
- Hanging tuck ups – 3 sets of 12
- Calf Raises using the leg press machine – 100 lbs – 3 sets of 15 feet parallel; 3 sets of 15 feet in first position (heels together and toes facing out)
Run home = .9 miles in 7:14 for a pace of 8:02
A couple of things about this workout. First, I don’t love the gym, but it is nice to get in there and do something different every now and again. I don’t love using machines, but again with the whole doing something different thing. Plus, I was having a hard time motivating myself at home this particular day and I knew that if I was in the gym, I would actually work out. Second, the run home was tough because my legs felt like lead and jelly all at once. And the fact that it was at like 1:00 in the afternoon and 93 degrees outside. I surprised myself by how quickly I was actually running. That’s always a fantastic feeling.
So, there you have it. 3 workouts. 1 week. Done. Let’s do it again next week, shell we?